Sunday, September 30, 2012

Final Quarter & Happy Sukkoth!

Today is the last day of September and tomorrow we begin the final quarter of the year 2012. Nine months have come and gone. Today is also Mid-Autumn Festival (15th day of the 8th month in the Chinese calendar). More significantly, it is the Feast of Tabernacles at sundown (15th day of Tishri, the 7th month the Hebrew Calendar).

It will be a busy October for me. It is probably the busiest October in recent memory. Although I am not preaching on a Sunday, I have 2 or 3 events every week that requires my attention either teaching Seminars or organizing events and hosting people at College.

Today, the pastor preached from John 7:37-38. He did not link it to Sukkoth, whether he knew it or not I am not sure. But he preached a great message on the need for a fresh experience of the Holy Spirit. When I reached home on Bus 171, rain started to pour. On the bus home I thought on the message. The rain got heavier as I walked home from the bus-stop. For the first time in Singapore, I was drenched in the rain. How wonderful it is to be drenched in the rivers of living waters - the Holy Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment