Saturday, December 21, 2019

The Year 2020 Beckons

It is the time of the year. The year 2019 is less than 10 days more before it is gone. The year 2020 beckons and because it is the beginning of a new decade plus it is twenty twenty (2020), it seems to bring much promise for the new year and the new decade ahead. As for me, it might be the most important decade for me as by 2030 I shall be contemplating retirement though I hope to serve until 2040. While I have strength, may the Lord's will and purpose be fulfilled according to His righteousness. In the past days and weeks, I have been struggling mightily in prayers. Sometimes I get up before 4am and raise my hands to the Lord in supplication. Lord, where should I go? And what should I do?
I have been struggling to accept my new appointment as pastor in the New Year though it is as one might say, a done deal. But I still have so much in my plate. I am trying to get my John's commentary manuscript submitted before the New Year because I know once I start in my new ministry, writing in any sustained way might have to be put off for a while. But I have plans aplenty for 2020. It is a new year and a new decade. I want to bear fruits, and much fruits for the Lord's glory. I want to start 2020 with a bang. I have partly succeeded in 2019 as I was determined to get my 2nd book out before the year's end, as it has been 14 years since the publication of my thesis on Revelation. If one knows about biblical time, 14 years stand for a long time (Matthew's 14 generations over three epochs and Paul's 14 years in Galatians away from public sight comes to mind). So 2020 seems to have been planned out, by God's grace. I will be doing mission in Samaria (Singapore is Sabah's Samaria) in February 2020, then in KL for a Conference (Sabah's Judea) and to the ends of the earth in New Zealand. If all goes well, I will take up a Scholar's writing scholarship for a whole month in the Land of the Long White Cloud, Aotearoa, New Zealand, the land of my spiritual birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment