Monday, May 17, 2021

"Take delight in the Lord and He shall grant you the desires of your heart" (Ps 37:4)

Yesterday we prayed for three things in church - first, for the peace of Jerusalem and Israel. Second, I told the congregation that we could never take for granted the Covid-19 situation in the State. I had testified that about a month ago how I fought against the Covid spike in a 3-day intercession so that our Youth Seminar be not postponed or conducted online. We had a 80-person turnout - we could have more but we stopped the registration 3 days early. Third, I asked the church to pray for themselves based on Psalm 37:4. You have to be in church to feel what I felt yesterday. I rejoiced and danced before the Lord when we sang Dusun and Murut worship songs.

Where are these great preachers who proclaimed that online services are almost equal with onsite presence? Some of them can't even draw 50 people to church, but yesterday we had more than 100 adults with a few sitting in the hallway leading inside the church. So many people are like Saul and his army hiding in caves but we need a David to lead the people of God today. I asked the church to rejoice for the Word of God says, "Take delight in the Lord and He shall grant you the desires of your heart" (Ps 37:4). I have experienced it time and time again. Sometimes there are nothing to rejoice in the outside or outward circumstances are bleak but God says to rejoice and to give thanks always. In my sermon I also cited another Psalm while preaching Eph 5:3-14 that we should give thanks (Ps 50:14,23). For those who offer the sacrifice of  thanksgiving, God will show to them His salvation and deliverance. After the service ended, four or five people said thanks. Within the 4 or 5 days time given me to prepare the sermon (no Raya holidays for me), I was happy with the outcome by the grace of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment