Friday, January 12, 2024

Ministry & Conference Schedule 2024

When one becomes a free agent, one is indeed free to go where one wishes, though I have been seeking the Lord for His will in that wherever I go, it is His will and in fulfilling His purposes and not just personal desires. In a week or at most two by the fourth week of January, I shall be deciding whether to attend a Conference in Europe or not since paper proposals close mid-January for one and end January for another. When one travels 13 or 14 hours on a flight, one needs to at least present one paper and I hope I can be a blessing to the nations despite speaking for 25 minutes and taking questions for 10 minutes. If I don't write up a paper proposal, I might just go to Europe for holidays and it could be fun as well without "wasting" four days at a Conference. I plan to spend at least four or five days in UK and a week in Europe including a couple of days in Rome. But my ministry schedule is taking shape besides my three courses which I shall be teaching for the first time, though I could say these subjects are within my specialty since I have written a commentary on the Song of Songs.

When my leaving this current place is confirmed last Thursday, I was given a few similes. One of which is a kung fu master (sifu) with a black belt and six dans and highly skilled in combat, and he could go anywhere. It is very much like the anti-hero of many Chinese movies about kung fu masters, rejected by society or even by his clan but came into prominence when his clan or nation needed him. I just have to wait for the call and it will come sooner than later. 

In March, I shall be speaking at our Seminary's Retreat and in late April in our Chapel just three weeks before the end of lectures. Then at the end of May I shall be flying to KL for a whole week of ministry and I pray a church would extend its invitation to me when they know I would be coming. In August if I am still in Sabah I shall be conducting a writing workshop for the seniors which I very much look forward to and I hope more senior leaders will write their life stories no matter how insignificant one feels his or her life has been. In God, everything is beautiful because He made all things beautiful in His time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment