Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Spiritual Birthday

Only one person commented that I should celebrate my spiritual birthday which is today, 24th April as I was born again or known by God on the 24th April 1982 in Christchurch, New Zealand. But everything goes back to the first time Jesus Christ appeared to me and called into His service a year later. Those two encounters in April 1982 and May 1983 determined the course of the rest of my life and I am determined to serve the Lord Christ until the end of my days. He is alive. He has died for our sins. 

When my wife told me how so many people got up late in the morning, find the afternoon boring, evening drawn out and at night depressed, I told her, "they know not Christ". I would be the same as a vast majority of the people in the world without purpose in life, without God and without hope if Christ has not saved me. Only in Christ, there is hope and satisfaction. "He who drinks of the water that I shall give will never thirst again". That was 42 years ago and I have never looked back. It is full on serving the Lord with joy and love, with rejoicing for in the Lord all the seed of Israel shall glory (Isaiah 45). 

No comments:

Post a Comment