Monday, November 16, 2020

Excitement Rises

Sometimes after preaching on Sunday, I can only rest on Tuesday because on Monday I still feel the glow of the anointing that flowed throughout the preaching of God's Word. Last evening I could not rest at all, feeling the effect of the God's Word for hours. I went for afternoon tea break and at night I slept like a baby and got up at 4.30am. Excitement rises because sometime today I shall be picking up the first copies of my new book, printed for the purposes of proof-reading. I already detected several typos, and I hope if I can find two or three proof readers, my book can go into printing by end of the year. Welcoming the New Year with a new book will be icing on the cake.

I told a friend in Singapore that there was a silver lining in the dark cloud of Covid-19. I started in earnest writing my book early April for more than 2 months before we recommenced services at the end of June. I was busy throughout including preparing for a series of lectures for my former Bible College in Ranau, which assignment I completed at the end of July. But the second phase of lockdown (CMCO) early October provided the impetus for me to revise the book and in the past 10 days or so, basically reading the manuscript 10 times or more for corrections and typos plus adding a footnote here and there. The process of writing a book, revision, editing, proof-reading and more revision before the final draft goes to the printers could be an arduous process, to say the least. But when one holds a new book authored by oneself in one's hand, there is hardly any better feeling of elation or satisfaction of job well done, whether readers like it or not, the creator, namely, the author himself likes what he has done - just as God when He had created the heavens and earth in 6 days, He said, "It is very good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment