Sunday, March 31, 2019

Preaching After 3 months

I have preached again after a nearly three months hiatus. I had a few nerves last night wondering how I would preach after such a long lay off and whether due to lack of practice the gift of preaching like many other gifts can wither away if one does not use them. But I preached a 40-minute sermon, half the length of last week’s sermon but I trust in the Lord it was twice as impactful. More than 10 members came up to me and thanked me for the message.
Praise the Lord. I preached on why God answered prayers based on four NT texts in John 9:32, 1 John 5:14-15; Mark 11:17, 24-27 and Matthew 7:7-11. I only gave one testimony of how the Lord answered my prayers when I prayed for my son over a year before he got himself a job in NZ. Many members could relate to that as there are many unemployed graduates and concerned parents praying for their children to land gainful employment. I met so many old friends. One young woman gushed out and said “Pastor I heard you preach from when I was little”. One tambourine dancer greeted me before the service started and only later I realised she was born in Melangkap 24 years when I first started my ministry. Her father was of one of my colleagues. There is a new generation to serve...Lord grant that I may declare your strength to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who come.

No comments:

Post a Comment