Friday, March 1, 2019

Simple delights

After several weeks of hot nights and warm mornings I woke up early at dawn with a chill at my back. Even as I am enjoying breakfast at 6.30am in Menggatal the cool breeze is still blowing strong. The seasons may change and wind blows where it wills just like our seasons of ministry may change from one form to another and from one place to another place. For a whole month of February and for the first time in 50 months I did not have to travel to Ranau or anywhere else. Mighty relieved that I turned down 3 invitations to speak that would have involved driving for more than 4 hours each time. I have time to enjoy my city Kota Kinabalu or API-API in Chinese which is the Malay word for “fire”. I pray that the fire of the Holy Ghost be cast to this city of more than 1 million people. As I wait on the Lord I am enjoying simple delights, breakfast here and lunch there. A coffee here and a latte there.
I have not even ventured into the greater half of the city and there are many places of interest to go. It is important to maintain good relationships with all people especially with family, natural and spiritual. I visited the Queen Elizabeth hospital for three days in a row. One amazing sight is the rows of double cap pick up trucks parked on the kerbs and sideways a kilometre long. In three short years the cars in the public hospital had doubled and it just shows the explosive population growth of the city in recent years. There is harvest aplenty but workers are few, so Lord I pray send O Lord, workers into Your harvest fields...Yes send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment