Tuesday, May 26, 2020

One Month as a You-Tuber

Today is exactly a month since I started my You-Tube channel. I have 35 subscribers and garnered 694 views within 30 days. I never thought that I would start a You-Tube channel but when my church commenced online service 5 weeks ago, I thought I should start a channel too, at least to upload my preaching and songs onto You-Tube. This also helps to alleviate the problem of the lack of storage on my i-Pad. I can save my online preaching on You-tube and spare my computer. My MacBook which I used to write my two books broke down a month ago and I still could not decide whether I should repair it since it would cost me an arm and a leg (one month's salary) to fix it. I might just buy a new one with a year's warranty and better specs. The month of May 2020 marks 14 years since I started blogging in 2006 when I was pastor in my home church, Likas KK. But starting a you-tube channel is a new ball game for me. People are more visual rather than wordy or just hearing by the ear (though Paul says that faith comes from hearing) and if this you-tube channel could reach a few more people for Christ, I shall be content. May the name of Jesus be glorified. Last Sunday I received some encouragement from one friend from outstation who watched my sermon online. That's the advantage of social media in this day and age because You-tube is open to the public and people can access it anywhere in the world.

Just as I was recording my May Day/Labour Day message on the 1st May, a lawyer friend in Singapore contacted me and I took that opportunity to share the link to the May Day message. I wasn't sure how he would react to it since I was tough on the migrant workers' problems in Singapore as the Lord for a whole week stirred my spirit and gave me two Scriptures to convince me that I should speak out. First, the verse from Revelation 10:11 that John was called upon to prophesy again concerning many nations, tribes, peoples and kings. Second, it was a verse in the Septuagint in the Psalms that I should speak out to defend the weak and give voice to justice and truth. That very night my lawyer friend responded by sending me his recording of his home group singing (about 25 of them) in one amazing app. At least I know that he was not angry with me, because as you know the apostle Paul said in Galatians that, "did I become your enemy by telling you the truth?" for some people can't take the truth no matter how it was spoken. Today as I spoke about the lack of the Spirit's presence in a person's life or in the church as a whole, I quoted Proverbs 1:23 where in the Hebrew text, the Scripture reads, "If you take heed to my rebuke, I will pour out my spirit unto you", though in the Malay translation one has "menyatakan isi-hati-Ku" translating the Hebrew text, "ruach" which means "breath" or "spirit". If a person refuses to take rebuke or correction, then God will not pour out His Spirit unto him.

No comments:

Post a Comment