Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Before Sunrise

Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord until sunrise. The angel told Jacob that he must go before sunrise and before the first ray of light of the morning, the angel disappeared just as quickly as he had appeared to Jacob. Angels are sent to do a task or tasks, after which they leave the scene often without a trace. I spoke about angels sealing the servants of God in their foreheads before the blowing of the winds and the 7 trumpets in Rev 8 onwards. Probably no one on earth knows what is going on, but the angels do their work without fanfare and without publicity but the recipients of the angelic blessings are left without doubt what they have encountered, a divine sealing and protection from all the woes to come on earth.

At dawn I left my mother's place after a week at her place. Before sunrise I already arrived at my home with my luggage and two bags of books which I brought with me to prepare for my bible study last Wednesday and also Sunday's sermon. I left without saying goodbye, though with instant communication, my mother will soon find out that her son who appeared to her from nowhere is now gone in a flash. It happened that my brothers could not attend to my mother and I was asked to fill in while my mum's maid was away for a week. It worked out well. Since I was staying at home and had no office hours so to speak, I could work anywhere and anytime, only that I need with me several Bibles with Hebrew and Greek texts which I have in my tablet. Many things have happened in the last 48 hours. Perhaps, we miss angelic visitations in our busyness or worries of this life. I took time almost an hour after 4am this morning to wait on the Lord. I read a couple of Psalms and prayed for several matters in my spirit. There is no more government in power in Malaysia and we will await this week or next with bated breath to see how things pan out. By the grace of God, Christians will live another day as things are getting tougher by the day, if not by the hour. It is the hour of darkness, and may the light of the Son shines on us for the glory of the Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment