Sunday, December 12, 2021

12th Day of the 12th Month

I wanted to record a sermon today for my Youtube as it has a beautiful symmetry to it being 12.12.21. But I refrained from doing so as it was Christmas service in my church (soon my former church though it is always Christ's church and is precious in my heart). I did not want to give the impression that I was preaching an alternative sermon to what is preached today. Nevertheless, I felt a sense of real relief and I rejoice in the freedom I enjoy now without Christmas sermons to prepare and to preach. Plus the travelling involved where I preached in 7 different places and churches totalling 22 Christmas sermons in 2016.

When I saw the decorations on the stage I felt all these human inventions are nothing compared to God's gifts to his church of colourful robes of different offices in the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers (Eph 4:7-11). If you reject these offices and whom Christ has sent, how can you call yourself an apostolic church built on apostolic doctrine which these servants of God are called to proclaim and defend with their very lives? Nothing can replace a righteous man like Zechariah who was killed in the midst of the altar. There is blood in the hands of those who reject God's prophets and servants sent to them but they are not willing. Alas, the "church" will go on with all its activities and appear outwardly a church but the shekinah is gone for it is the Prince whom God had chosen through whom the glory of the Lord fills the Temple (Ezek 44:2-4). When the foundations are destroyed and the pillars are cast down, your house is left desolate until you say "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord". 

No comments:

Post a Comment