Friday, November 11, 2022

Book is Done, Mission Accomplished.

Yesterday I felt a sense of trepidation when I texted my printers to give the go ahead to print my book, my fifth book and the fourth in three years. With God we shall do valiantly. If you asked me three years ago when I had nothing except my thesis published some years back, I would have laughed like Sarah if you told me that I would have four more books out within 36 months. But I don't fancy starting on another one soon. For the past five weeks when I was editing and formatting my book, I got up way too early and sometimes went to sleep past midnight. Even this morning the aftermath of the completion I got up just after 4am.

The writing anointing still flowed, but I realised that I had stopped writing and now the book is in the hands of my printers who promised that my first 20 copies would be ready within the week. As I am publishing in two sizes (B5 & A5) as some readers prefer the larger version of giant print and some readers prefer the handy-sized book. We will see how the sales go. 

I had asked for 4 quotations and went for the cheapest. I told my former publishers who published my Departure Points that I was raising funds to print my latest book and I have little to spare to pay for editing, typesetting and design. It is practically a one-man show. So in the past 5 weeks, I had to do everything myself, though I know that at the end it is the contents that matter, the Word of God explained well. 

I have about 10 people booked my book before pre-launch. One Seminary in West Malaysia also pre-booked, but I hope to promote the book vigorously in my Christmas season's ministry beginning 10th December 2022 to the 6th January 2023 which is the day before the Orthodox Christmas. I received an invitation to speak at a family's Christmas reunion plus praying for their newly built house. I look forward very much to these family gatherings. I expect my former church in Ranau would also have a few family Christmas dinners lined up but unfortunately as soon as I am finished on Christmas noon, I will head back to Kota Kinabalu to meet with my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment