Monday, December 20, 2021

Seniority, Experience & Skill

These three attributes are priceless in the professional world including the world of sports. Lewis Hamilton at 36 is an old hand in F1 and the one who won at the last race is 12 years younger but Hamilton could justly claim to have been robbed of his victory and record setting 8th world championship. In Snooker, Ronnie O’Sullivan is as good as ever, having just won the World Grand Prix for his record 38th ranking title. He turned professional 29 years ago and won his first ranking title 28 years ago. Likewise this is my 28th year in full-time ministry. I am at the top of my game. My doctorate is gained 18 years ago and my published dissertation is cited by all and sundry. I even published three other books in a span of less than 2 years with preaching and teaching non-stop in church until last month when I was laid off due to the vaccination requirements to enter church premises.

It is truly ironic. One big church just started opening for more than a year and in the 2nd week, two of their pastors were Covid19 positive whereas I have been as healthy as never before, not even flu or cough in the past three years. No one knows what tomorrow brings but I would say that with my seniority, experience and skill, I am in the prime of my profession, a calling by God who does not discriminate against the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. Now I look to serve in other capacity since a church is not a building as it is where people meet and in the first three centuries they met at homes of believers. With YouTube and my blog read by an average of 100 readers daily from 10 nations or more, I will keep myself occupied. My current project is formatting my Song of Songs commentary into an e-book to be put on Kindle Amazon. I was thrilled to get the feedback of a good friend from the States. He holds MTh from USA and MDiv from TTC and he said that he read my commentary over and over again and had spurred him to study the biblical book more. I am delighted with his comments but not at all surprised since I know God’s calling and gift in my life and it is not going to waste for Jesus’s sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment