Sunday, April 28, 2024

The Month of May 2024

In 20 days' time I shall be officially going on leave pending my departure from my current place of ministry and then moving all my stuff back to my house in Kota Kinabalu. I will put my 2-week plan into action that I could move all my things within a fortnight and settle into a new place. It's been a promise I have kept to the Lord since my first departure from my legal practise to flying off to New Zealand with a young family (my wife and our 2-year old son) to start a new journey in life, in preparation for ministry. Only in church just now, one church member, a senior civil servant told me he bought two of my books and he was blessed with "Departure Points" so much that he thought he entered into my world and was taken along the ministry I undertook.

Praise be to God. I am very much looking forward to the next month, three weeks before I fly off to KL with a half a day stopover in Singapore to see a friend and perhaps if time permits buy a couple of books. But the next 20 days will be so busy for me with preaching all four weeks of May and lessons only ending on 16th May on Hermeneutics and Greek 3 exams at night. I do hope to get as much marking and grading of papers done before my annual leave begins on 18th May 2024, though I have a week right in the middle of June if I can't finish before my KL trip. I pray to the Lord for good health and asked friends to pray for me over the next month with preaching in three different denominations across South China Sea in both English and Malay. I think for record's sake this will be the first time I shall be doing that in denominations other than my own, plus preaching in English in Sabah as well. How ironic, I was invited by 40 churches in Singapore and perhaps 6 or 7 more churches in West Malaysia to preach in English during my sojourn in Singapore (2008-2014) but not in KOTA KINABALU, my own city. Perhaps it is a truism, a prophet is not without honour except in his own hometown (city).

No comments:

Post a Comment