Tuesday, April 2, 2024

2nd Quarter of 2024

Yesterday and today I feel a great sense of joy and hope for the 2nd quarter of the year. First, by middle of this year I shall be relieved of my duties of teaching three new courses which prevented me from writing and research. I plan to start writing at the 3rd quarter of 2024 or the start of the 2nd half of the year. I look forward to it with great relish at least to begin John 13-21, being the 2nd volume of my commentary on John’s Gospel. I may also write a book on Revelation, mainly thematic as a commentary will take too long a time.

But many questions on structure and chronology will be answered as well. It may be my last book otherwise a book on Ecclesiastes is also on the horizon. Surely for Christian spirituality the book of Psalms is also tempting for me to comment on. Many are the plans of man but God’s purposes will prevail. I also take heed that making of many books is a weariness of the flesh, so it may just be one or two more volumes and then that is it. But God’s grace He multiplies our talents as we work to double or triple what Christ has given us in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment