Wednesday, April 17, 2024

One Month to Go

Today I have gone past the one month's mark before I take my annual leave and move out of my apartment and await a new ministry. It is surreal. I did not particularly feel anything except a tinge of sadness as we met as a family group at noon. No one said anything when I told them one more month I shall be gone. I guess everyone has a life to live like Paul said, "many look after their own interests, but not the interests of Jesus Christ" (Philippians). With so many invitations coming my way (whole month of May is filled up) I had no time to reflect except to prepare for my classes and preaching engagements in the week-end. Might as well since I would not have much to time to feel despondent or sad that my time is cut short. Alas it is God's will and there is a greater purpose in all these.

I can't serve in a place that I can't support its main vision and mission. I have to do what I have to do and do what God has laid in my heart. I have made it clear to all concerned and if they choose to ignore it, then the blood is no longer on my head, but theirs to bear. Just I taught a week in my Hermeneutics class on Ezekiel. And tomorrow's class on John 3-4, there is this pertinent verse where Jesus said, "no prophet is honoured in his own homeland" (John 4:44). So I plough on for one more month and it will end as suddenly as I started last June. Nearly eleven months have breezed by and Lord teach us to number our days that we may present unto You a heart of wisdom. I wonder how many people are granted such privilege of living in the centre of God's will. Even on Tuesday's Chapel service, I worshipped the Lord in spirit and in truth with all my heart and raised both my hands to heaven in adoration, gratitude and thanksgiving. The song was "AnugerahMu""Your Grace" which we sang during last month's Retreat. Sure enough one month has passed since I preached in the Seminary's Retreat. Does anyone remember what I said?

No comments:

Post a Comment