Monday, April 15, 2024

Minimum Pay

In Malaysia it has been more than two years that RM1,500.00 per month minimum wage has been put into effect by law. But how come so many of my fellow pastors get only less than that and some of them only half of the minimum pay? I cried for them for those who faithfully serve You O Lord would You not look from heaven and help them? They do a wonderful job with 5 evening services a week which means only two nights of rest for family and self rejuvenation.

I did just that for about 15 months in Ranau in my early 50s and there is no way now I can lead 4 or 5 services plus preaching twice on a Sunday. But God has rewarded me for my faithfully? If you ask me how did I survive 17 months without pay whole of 2022 until June 2023 I can’t give you an answer except to say God is a marvellous provider. Towards the end of my lay off I even had money (a step of faith nonetheless) to visit my son in NZ to speak with him about his impending marriage which concluded by God’s grace at the end of 2023. But I feel for my pastors. I meet with them every other month. My May preaching is full, all four Sundays are taken up in preaching plus teaching one intensive module in KL. But God willing He will not forsake His servants. He will perform what He promises and by His zeal it shall be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment