Saturday, April 6, 2024

Serving with Great Joy

I have come to a phase of ministry that I cna this sense of great joy whenever I minister, even in preparation and anticipation I rejoice greatly in the Lord. It is only three weeks ago that I received news that my brother was going to be elevated as High Court Judge and received his appointment from Malaysia’s king and swore his oath of loyalty to the Federal Constitution before a bench of Justices led by the Chief Justice and the Chief Judge of Malaya and Sabah and Sarawak.I watched the live telecast wuth pride as my brother took the oath of office and his list of work experience and qualifications were read out.

For one instance I remember what a Bishop told me, “they do not know what to do with you when they see the list of your qualifications. In the world there is still justice as my brother finally nade it despite a few hiccups along the way as he took on some controversiak cases. Thus I believe I too will be used of the Lord in his kingdom and his church despite what humans put up against me. In my essay on theological education I said that of my current place of ministry having the best facilities in terms of hardware but human resources are much lacking. In the past 10 or 15 years no doctorate holders came into being which is a big shame and it is a challenge to say the least to produce even 10 or 5 let alone more than 300 NT Professors that South Korea has in its midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment