Monday, April 8, 2024

Golden Triangle of Theology

To see the fulfilment of the "Golden Triangle of Theology" which I wrote in my "Tuhan Tritunggal" (God the Trinity) book, a collection of essays, I plan to visit these two places in the near future. Next year I plan to visit Sarawak our Bornean neighbour and the year after, Kalimantan to visit Indonesia's new capital and perhaps also Balikpapan and Samarinda, the twin cities of East Kalimantan. In two years' time with the new Indonesian President firmly in place in Nusantara, I pray that I will establish connections between the three major Bornean provinces, the two States of East Malaysia and Pulau Kalimantan.

The next two years will also be "getting to know you" visits followed by more serious discussion of ways of cooperation between Churches and theological institutions in the island of Borneo which shares the same Malay language with the State of Brunei. Next month I shall be visiting to West Malaysia to teach a MTheol module is just the beginning of this vision where 8 out of 11 students are from Sawarak. I have no doubt the indigenous peoples of Malaya will also be involved though I see this as a Bornean effort more than anything else. May God's will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment