Friday, April 5, 2024

Anticipation Rises

In less than 10 weeks I am done here. It is welcomed with much anticipation as I am not meant for round the mill grind of teaching without leadership responsibilty. It is hard to imagine what I could have done only if people have eyes to see. My only sermon last July is telling. The knowledge of God is understanding but there is little of knowing God and hence the lack of understanding. Anyhow, it is no loss and no gain for the past 12 months. No loss because inevitably some students will be blessed but others are here just for the qualification.

I am astonished that over four years none of the students would have studied one NT book in detail. I called my course last Semester “kereta potong” as I have to teach three NT books, one Gospel, one Pauline letter and one general letter. None satisfies me as how can one learn Matthew’s Gospel in four or five weeks? So it is with much anticipation that I am leaving for another adventure. 

I keep believing that God has something in store for me that will somewhat maximise my gifts. It is God’s given talents so these charismata must be used to double or increase by 10 fold. How else can we glorify the Father unless we bear much fruits? Are we doing the greater works that Jesus promised his disciples that they would do when He goes to the Father? So I will enter the second half of 2024 with much anticipation. There are a couple writing projects ready for me to put pen on paper and by God’s grace by year’s end I can see the fruits of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment