Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting is not Easy

I have waited for 45 days and today is Ash Wednesday, 40 days before Good Friday & Resurrection Sunday. I am still waiting, quietly and confidently before the Lord. The Lord is my sun and shield. Lord I take refuge in the shadow of Your wings. The Lord has the best for everyone who waits on Him for heart has not perceived nor eyes have seen what the Lord prepares for those who love and wait for Him. He knows our needs. He knows what we will do for Him if we are obedient. Often it will take faith to obey for by faith Abraham obeyed (Heb 11) and all our forefathers did.
I read about John Wesley this morning. Wesley travelled 250,000 miles in his lifetime, mostly on horseback and preached 40,000 sermons, often 2 or 3 times a day for 60 years. So much so that at the end of his life, he was one of the most respected and loved man in Britain and 76,000 people called themselves Methodists.

No comments:

Post a Comment