Saturday, September 15, 2018

7 Weeks

I used to plan 2 or 3 years in advance. I want to give myself at least 12 months of breathing space. But now I am ticking off week by week. Like in the book of Daniel I have 7 more weeks before the end. By the time I return from Kudat it will be 6 weeks and by the time I return from Singapore it will be less than 5 weeks. 4 weeks from Keningau visit and 3 weeks after my weekend ministry in Telupid. Then the final 3 weeks of marking exams and submitting the grades for one last time. I thought of skipping graduation altogether but for the sake of my students who have been with me for the past 3 years and some for the past 4 years I will pull all stops to attend for one last time and then the end would have come.
I am glad I have many activities in these last 7 weeks to keep myself occupied. I will travel north, south and then east and finally I drive down from the mountain one last time towards the West. Then all will cease. I may enter into an extended sabbath for those who believed have entered into rest and ceased from all labours. Anyhow I am free to do what I want and serve where I want but not mine will but God’s will be done. I will serve where God wants no longer bound by humans or finances. If one asks how one is to live just look at Elijah. One day he was by the brook of Cherith and the other fed by a widow or ravens. God knows how to take care of His own, those called by Him and those who love Him He will never let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment