Tuesday, May 7, 2019

100 Days in a City

I didn’t think that I would travel again so soon after about 100 days since my coming down from Ranau to Kota Kinabalu at the end of January. Now I find myself in a village again. Fresh air, cool at night and the stillness of everything quietens down the voices of our souls. I rose before dawn as the cocks crowed at 3.30am until daylight. It is good to be near nature where time seems to stand still. It’s one lesson I learned in these past 100 days that is not to be bound by time, not looking at my watch constantly and not asking whether I have been productive or how many hours have I worked throughout the time. Is not eternity defined as the moment when there is no time (Rev 10:6)?
In the next couple of weeks I will get to be busy once more. I have three speaking engagements to look forward to. First, an end time seminar next Saturday and then preaching in another church on Sunday and after that travelling to the south of Sabah to Tenom for an eldership seminar organised by the HQ. I was part of the committee last term but I thought I am out of it now after the AGM last year but surprised to get a call and invited to speak again. I realised as much as the spiritual condition of the church is not ideal or even desirable it is important to maintain relationships with senior leaders. There are still many Obadiahs around who care for the Lord’s prophets like in the time of Elijah. Elijah was not alone as there were 7,000 who had not worshipped Baal and at least 100 prophets hidden by a court official. Just as Paul faced much opposition in Corinth, his 18-month ministry there was a success for Paul probably had just as many friends as foes. Did not Jesus say, “those who are not against us are for us”?

No comments:

Post a Comment