Thursday, November 14, 2019

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Perhaps it was right after all that I attended the College’s convocation. It was the first time many District superintendents and a few general council members saw me after the previous year’s AGM. There have been rumours whirling about my whereabouts, whether I had joined another Seminary or even a few thought I had returned to Singapore for good. So it was good to touch base with many church leaders so that they know I am still with them in heart and mind and in the struggle of faith for the advancement of God’s kingdom through SIB.
I chatted with at least 10 such leaders and sat beside the Perancangan’s District Superintendent on my left, who is the chairman of the College’s local committee and also the chairman of the board of governors who sat on my right. We had an interesting chat about the concept of leadership, secular and spiritual and how to integrate both in church practice. But the highlight was my conversation with the Pastors’ coordinator who is tasked in allocating placements of pastors in churches as they become vacant. Even my superior, the SG greeted me and I said a few words to him that he took positively and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Having experienced open doors and close doors, sometimes at the last moment things could change, I will just quietly wait on the Lord for the next couple of weeks and see where the hand of the Lord shall lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment