Saturday, November 27, 2021

7-Year Cycle

Four months ago I preached a message titled, “Faith and Counting” and as it was the beginning of the 2nd half of the year, I exhorted the church to count their days and make sure the year 2021 would be a fruitful year. I cited the verse in Lev 26 about counting the 7-year cycle, 7 times 7 making it 49 years and the 50th being the Jubilee year. So in the 49th and 50th year the Israelites are enjoined to refrain from working and they let their lands lie fallow. But the counting is important as every 7th year is a sabbatical year. I also count the 7-year cycles of my life. This year concludes my ministry as pastor in my current church and I have resigned just as 7 years ago in Singapore my contract was up and I was led to return to Sabah in 2014. 7 years previously in 2007 I had resigned from my pastorate in my home church in KK, thinking that I might return to NZ to join my son but the Lord had other things in mind.

7 years before in 2000 I just commenced my doctoral study in Dunedin. 7 years before that in 1993, I quit my law practice and commenced my undergraduate study in theology in Auckland. 7 more years back in 1986 I was completing my Law study in Canterbury University, Christchurch. That has been my 7-year cycle and I am entering my 40th anniversary in Christ next April. Per chance, the Lord wants me all to Himself, sitting quietly at home, driving in my cars in the city and per chance, the Lord will inspire me to write another book in 2022. This morning I read part of a chapter in Departure Points. It is a great book because the God I serve is great and His works are great in my life and it is just beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment