Thursday, January 27, 2022

PayDay Today

When I was employed in the past two years, today on 27th of the month was supposed to be my payday. But often I would be “lucky” if by 30th or 31st of the month my salary was paid. But this year and this month bring new things. I no longer get a fixed salary. I rely on my book sale which surprisingly (praised be to God) the books are selling better than I imagined. I sold another 7 books this morning making a total of RM1,100.00 for the first month of January. I have only travelled once outside of KK and one District in two Sundays sold all the 20 books I gave them.

It was only sold in two churches. There are another 20 churches in the District. I was hoping to travel again to another District either just before Lunar New Year or during the holidays next week. We shall see how many I can sell in February. In Ranau I was without pay for three months when I was Acting Principal except for an allowance that covered my travel expenses to and fro Kota Kinabalu-Ranau. For 13 months after that, a friend in Singapore funded my salary when I was reassigned to teach at the College. It is amazing how when one is seen to be “independent” or “speak one’s mind” one suffers the consequences of one’s beliefs and principles. Even one reader recently thought I was full of myself just because I shared that a couple of people preferred my style of preaching. I did not say I was better than others or others are worse in their preaching, There is no need for comparison for each ministers according to the measure of one’s faith and anointing from the Lord. This meant if understood correctly, there are many more who don’t find my preaching that persuasive and hence, I am out of a job. I read Luke 20 this morning about the parable of the vineyard. I can’t help but felt the Lord spoke to my heart through it. The king sends his servants, one after another to collect his due or fruits from his vineyard. But one by one including the king’s beloved son was cast out, mistreated and some are even killed. Perhaps my preaching is too tough for many. I press my listeners to obedience and producing the fruits of their faith. No wonder many choose to remain in their comfort zones and content with what they have. They do not want anyone to remind them that they have to change and repent according to God’s Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment