Friday, January 14, 2022

The Days Ordained for Me are Written in Your Book (Ps 139:16)

There is no stronger verse for predestination than the verse in the Psalms that says all the days ordained for me are written in Your book before one of them came to be. If I think on this verse, it gives strong encouragement that nothing and no one can stand against God’s will and purpose becomes reality in a person’s life when it is so ordained by the Father in heaven. No wonder Jesus says the Father knows every single hair on our heads and not a bird in the sky falls to the ground without the Father’s knowledge. In the past several weeks when it seems that all is lost, I have this quiet confidence that nothing is impossible with God. He can resurrect my “career” so to speak, but not my career as I have not worked a single day for my livelihood since I chose to obey the heavenly calling as the Father makes sure no one will outwit His servants and a worker is worthy of his wages. And that he who preaches the Gospel lives by the Gospel.

I have not a care in the world now. I don’t wake up in the early hours in the morning thinking on my sermon, about what and how I should preach. A great weight is lifted off my shoulders as the priests are to serve the burden of the service of the congregation in the house of the Lord. It is not called a burden for nothing. Yet I felt a sense of deep assurance that when time comes, I shall be speaking once more like Ezekiel being mute for 14 months before God opens his mouth again. I have nothing to say unless God speaks and when I count the days ordained for me, it is indeed divine and in the Father’s knowledge. Next April when I celebrate my 40 years in Christ, it is also my 10,000 days in full-time ministry. If one counts the days from 1st Dec 1994 (27 years x 365 days) plus 31 days for Dec 2021, 31 days for Jan 2022, 28 days for Feb 2022, 31 days for March 2022, and 24 days in April, you will have exactly 10,000 days. Will there be anything special? Most likely not as the kingdom of God does not come with signs. But to those who love God and called according to His purpose, all the days in their lives are ordained and are written in God’s book before one of them came to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment