Monday, May 9, 2022

Church Attendance

Yesterday the church hall was almost full. No wonder last Sunday they announced that their former pastor was coming for a visit and when I wanted to pull out due to a family function I was told that many would be disappointed if I did not show up. So I duly went and it was only on Thursday night that I knew I was preaching with less than 2 days’ preparation. But overall my former church had lost at least 50 percent of its members since the pandemic. Before that we had two services and before I came they had trouble filling up half the seats. Lord, where have Your sheep gone?

But the first Sunday on 1st May I attended church in my former church in Kota Kinabalu, a church I served until late last year when vaccination requirements came into place. The views for 1st May shot up over 740 views three or four times more than the usual numbers. Yesterday’s service received 150 views. Why the difference? Because my name was mentioned by the deaconess MC at the start of the service and many people inside and outside the church were curious if indeed Pst Tony attended church after 7 months’ absence. In fact I was prepared to wait until end of 2023, but alas God is good and He made room for me the midst of tribulation and He heard the prayers of the righteous. Perhaps at least 500 views last Sunday were people logging in out of curiosity. I trust out of the 500, 100 are my supporters but I am afraid the majority may be gnashing their teeth and holding hatred in their hearts for God’s servant. The struggle is real. It is a test. They are many weeds in church as well as wheat. If you pull out the weeds it may affect the wheat and as Jesus said let it be until the end time harvest when the angels of God will separate the righteous and the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment