Monday, May 2, 2022

One-Third is Gone

A third of the year is past. We have less than 2/3 of 2022 before 2023 comes along. Three days could bring much change and when the Government of Malaysia announced relaxation of the SOPs and allowing entry into premises, the first person who texted me was a close friend, a senior politician in the State. It appeared that he remembered what I told him during my visit to his place early in the year. I waited for three days after the announcement until late Saturday to gauge any reaction from church leaders, but there was none. It is indeed ironic it seems that tightening of SOPs receiving more attention but relaxation giving way for church entry like before, no one seemed to be rejoicing. "My people perish for the lack of knowledge".

When one has knowledge of the laws of the land, one acts with discretion and freedom given by the Law. I duly attended "church" for the first time yesterday since early November last year making it the longest time I did not step into a worship service in Kota Kinabalu for half a year. I prayed and prayed in the past weeks that the Lord would intervene and grant release and relief. And He did. "He listened to my cry and attended to the voice of my weeping". Three of the elders were in church yesterday when I stepped in, and they all came to greet me including a few deacons. The deaconess MC for the day welcomed me from the pulpit and waved to me and it was a touching gesture. I shed a few tears during worship but I kept my emotions under control. At the end of the service, many church members came up to greet me and we exchanged a few words. As all of us were wearing masks, conversations did not flow, though later at lunch we conversed heartily. One deacon poured me a second cup of coffee and said, "it's been a long time since I did that for pastor" Bless his heart. What did I do for the past 6 months, I was asked? I just stayed at home and until mid-March I started writing my Galatians commentary which had stopped for the last two weeks. I do hope to pick it next week after I return from my outstation trip. Last Friday night, one church invited me to attend Sunday service (this week) and I might just go and enjoy fellowship with the saints, those who care for my righteous cause for You have magnified Your Law, O Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment