Tuesday, July 26, 2022

"Preserve me, O Lord" (Psalm 16:1)

"Preserve me, O Lord for in Thee do I put my trust" (Psalm 16:1). Today I want to remember Thy goodness, O Lord. For there is nothing good in me apart from Thee and I know it full well. Only You can preserve me from all harm and prevent me from going into the pit. For You have sent Your Word and healed me and has not allowed my feet to slip but stand in Your grace. Only Your Holy Spirit strengthens me, for I have no strength except in Thee, O Lord.

Surely You are good. Surely goodness and mercy shall pursue me all the days of my life and I shall yet dwell in Thy house forever and ever. I know You have allowed me to dwell in the wilderness but You water and refresh my soul in Thee. All my desires are before You, O Lord, though my heart and my strength faileth but thou are the strength of my heart and my portion forever. There is nothing on earth I desire besides Thee O Lord and You know it well, O God. I still bear Thy yoke though I am no longer a youth like before. You have called me like Jeremiah and had said many years ago that "Do not say that I am a youth", but now I am aged and soon I shall be elderly, but Thou are still with me. When I awake in your righteousness, I shall behold Thy face, O Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment