Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Who has believed our Report? (Isaiah 53:1)

In 8 minutes before the sermon I had the opportunity to share what God was doing in the world. Remarkably as I experienced two Sundays ago, the elder asked me to give a word of the Lord before he preached. After the sermon I conducted the Lord's communion as an ordained minister of the Gospel. It is better to trust in the Lord than in princes. It seems as the Lord leads I visit churches by the will of the Lord and become a blessing to the church gathered in Jesus' Name.

Later after the church service I rushed home to me meet a family whom were with me when I was pastor of Likas church 19 years ago. He is a well to do man with his wife, a teacher so with dual income they could afford to send their daughters to Universities and owned several homes. He drove us to a restaurant for lunch and it was crowded with no tables free. 

We had not met for 15 years as their family left for West Malaysia during my 4th year as pastor. Praise God that we had reconnected. They texted me over several months and asked where I was pastoring and when I told them my predicament which led to my withdrawal from active ministry late last year they did not take it negatively and hence, we remained in contact until we met last Sunday. 

But who has believed our report? (Isaiah 53:1). Many services go on by tradition and routine but do they really hear the word of the Lord? When I finished my 8 min sharing at church, the members actually clapped. I don't remember people clapping out of real enthusiasm except in 1997 at an Anglican Youth Conference in the middle of nowhere right at the heart of Sabah. That youth gathering hungered for God's Word and they were rewarded with the pouring out of His Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment