Saturday, July 2, 2022

Concise Commentary on the Song of Songs

After more than a year of revising the first edition, I am pleased to announce that my commentary on the Song of Songs has been published. I sold 8 copies in Ranau, not a whole lot but I am glad that at least a few of the students knew English and the College also bought several copies for the library. I have added about 20 pages and more than 50 footnotes compared to the first edition with a total of 105 footnotes taking into account a few recent commentaries and monographs on the Song plus the Lexham English Septuagint which I purchased from Amazon early this year. It has been an arduous journey, writing, revising, and re-writing even on a computer I felt I had spent all my energy getting the book out before the first half of the year is up and praise be to God that I was handed the first 30 copies just the day before I left for Ranau last Sunday. I do hope to sell my books in churches and I will be visiting a few English congregations of various denominations for that purpose. Thus far, it has been within my own denomination and I received much encouragement from an elder who bought my commentary on John's Gospel in Malay. When a pastor told me that another elder found it hard to understand, this elder interrupted our conversation and said he had read through almost the whole book (233 pages) and he found it very helpful and easy to understand and when I told him that I was writing another commentary on Galatians, he quickly booked a copy when it is published. But the Song's concise commentary is a beautiful book. I can only thank the Lord for His help in writing it. When a person who bought my first edition saw the revised edition she told me that she bought it as a gift to her pastor and her pastor had highly commended the book. All glory be to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment