Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Moving house again for the 18th time

This could be my 18th or 19th time moving house not counting any stay less than a week in motels and hotels when I travelled for Theological education from bachelor to doctorate. I dread moving house as I get older. My strength is not like before and my knees creak when I bend or rise up. I carried two boxes of books this morning and I am still feeling the effect of it. There would be 10 more boxes at least. A number of items in the apartment like washing machine require heavy lifting and probably I am going to pay someone to transport that to my house. My desktop computer, microwave and many more smaller items follow but they all add to the removal process, moving back everything back to my house.

Every time I think of “my house” I could only praise and thank the Lord for His truth and goodness towards me. I am not worthy O lord katonti (Gen 32:10) when Jacob returned with two companies from Midian to Bethel. I am returning to Bethel, the house that the Lord gave me when He said, “you think in your heart to build My house, but I will build for you your house”. That was almost exactly what He told David through the prophet Nathan. As I serve Him, I do not have any worries knowing that the Lord would care for me. Until your gray hairs I will carry you, saith the Lord.

I praise God for the preaching of His Word which must have made some impact. Three sisters and the pastor himself told me that the message spoke to them personally and also for the church. I received a delightful text from the pastor in less than 24 hours of my arrival back in KK. I did not expect to sell all my 12 books including 5 copies of Departure Points in a Malay speaking congregation. I prayed for a sister who was praying about her future plans. I prayed for a couple planning to get married. I sense that it would be a bold decision for both of them and it was the first time for them attending the church where I preached in. I did say from the pulpit that some of you might be wondering why you chose this church but it was the Holy Spirit leading you. Even if it were just the sermon my whole week in West Malaysia was worth it. Teaching in a degree awarding institution has its drawbacks, because one can’t avoid paper chase as students enrol just for the qualification, not that they want to know the truth or for Jesus’ sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment