Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Editing my Book for Publication

Only yesterday I have a measure of confidence that in the next couple of months my book might see the light of day. Yesterday, being the "longest day" (9.9.19, in Chinese 9 means a long time or longevity) I worked for the longest time, about 12 hours. I did not realise my MacBook was running out of battery (5%) warning came up at 11.30pm and I turned off the computer at 11.45pm when it was down to 1%. Never once since I bought my laptop almost 2 years ago I had run out of battery. I had charged it to the full at noon and worked at a cafe since it has been so hot in the past couple of months here in KK. I was busying editing my book, which had sat on my lap for almost 5 years.
I started and finished the first 10 chapters in Sept-Oct 2014 and the last two chapters on my ministry in Ranau in the past 4 years were written just recently. I have asked for a price quotation from a publisher for 300, 500 or 1,000 copies. As it is in English, I will probably go for the lower number. Although my intended audience is worldwide, yet many things I wrote would be beneficial for Malay-speaking Christians, especially in East Malaysia. My instagram follower has asked me when I was going to do a translation to BM.  I have to get the English version out first and perhaps next year I can focus on translating the 200-page long and 94,000-word book. It won't be easy as I am not good at translating so I might out-source to a professional who can do it for me at a fee. I realised how important it is to get things done. It's been 5 years. It's plenty of time to reflect on things. When I read the book again, there is little I want changed. I just put in about 25 photos to highlight the events and incidents that are significant and meaningful to me in the past 25 years of ministry for Christ's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment