Sunday, December 8, 2019

Third Stint

I have to admit that I had my reservations. It will be my third stint as a pastor if God willing, I shall start again early next year. I had been pastor twice before, the first in my home church in KK and then 5 years ago in Ranau. Just like my teaching ministry as a lecturer I had gone through three different stints, the first when I first started full time ministry in Melangkap Kota Belud, then in Singapore and the third and final stint from 2016 to January 2019 in Ranau. Everything comes round and has a ring of equilibrium to it. I never planned it that way; it just happened as God so wills it, as we are obedient to the heavenly vision and do not turn back from following hard after Him.
With a distinct 7 phases of ministry, besides the six, the seventh was my term as an executive and Treasurer-General. Really I think my calling or greatest gift is administration and exercising visionary leadership. But now I am content with looking after Christ’s little flock, His lambs and ewes. Last night the young teenagers led worship in a Christmas service and I felt such love for this group of youngsters. They are ewes, tender little lambs, ready to be shepherded like David whom God raised to shepherd His people, Israel with the integrity of heart and skilful hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment