Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Isaac was Blessed 100 Fold

Incredibly, I see God's provision in the midst of pandemic and economic recession. Like Isaac who was told not to go down to Egypt but remained in Gerar, even in the midst of a famine, God blessed Isaac 100 fold. I have seen God's good hand upon me even during the times of hardships for the general populace. God knows how to protect and provide for His own. But there are incredible risks and dangers undertaken to serve this living God. The spiritual atmosphere throughout this pandemic is also in its doldrums. One pastor asked me yesterday about the nature of falling away or apostasy spoken by Paul as one of the two signs of Jesus' second coming. I told him to his surprise that it was not just the immorality of many so-called Christians especially in the West, but among Christians who could attend worship but choose to remain home. This pandemic is just a small test to prepare us for more difficult times as we approach the last days. It is a test of faith, refinement and purification.

But many have been fed lies and since they do not love the truth, God sends a spirit of deception so that lies and deceit overpower their minds and hearts. One church, I was told, decided to remain closed since last June. They opened for a couple of months but later shut down again and it's almost a year now. With the PM's speech an hour ago, I was not off the mark when I warned that churches might not reopen until the end of July, even that is an optimistic target. But I am a full-time worker. I have no rest since late February when services recommenced until the present lockdown two weeks ago. Even during public holidays, Hari Raya and Wesak days I worked, either preparing for Sunday sermons or Bible study. I am having a little break from Bible Study over Google Meet this Wednesday as I am preparing for the third consecutive Sunday sermon. Last Sunday I preached for 52 minutes about submitting to one another and the story of Cain and Abel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment