Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Phases of Life

Just as I visited my son when he was finishing High School I am now with him as he completes his University studies. We move from one phase of life to another. Soon my son will seek employment and I should be free financially from supporting his studies. He is excited about the prospects of working part-time for an online education company developing contents for NZ curriculum. As a father my role is more as a friend and counsellor but now he has to stand on his own feet and survive in the real world. My first real job was as a law tutor at a College until I was employed as a Law clerk north of Auckland. That was 25 years ago and I can well remember how nervous I was in my first few days at work while at the same time working hard to be on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment