Saturday, September 16, 2017

"Inheriting Wealth" (Provide 8:21)

In the ode to Wisdom the personified Christ, the voice of wisdom says, "I traverse the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of justice that I may cause them who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries". Yesterday in Chapel I preached a 25 min sermon. I touched on many things in light of Malaysia Day today which is in fact our National Day when all the components came together to form the Federation of Malaysia. But my main emphasis was to encourage the College community to give thanks to God for Sabah and Sabah's place in the plan of God. As our theme for September is "all the days of the righteous" from Psalm 37,18 I spoke about how the righteous is to inherit the land, in particular the land of Sabah for the glory of God. Not in the political sense but how the State of Sabah will be filled with the glory of God as the waters cover the seas. I talked about the peace that the righteous possess and that to have peace in our lives material blessings are important as well.
How can we have peace when we are worried about our day to day living? How can we have peace when we are mired in poverty? I shared how just a few days ago I met one of my students in Ranau town and he was soaking wet from the heavy rain having riden his motor bike from his village. I told my audience that I prayed for the student that he might be blessed with a car, if not new at least a good second hand car. So many of our pastors are poor and they struggle week to week to make ends meet and when their children grow up very few could afford to pursue tertiary education due to poverty. So I testified that God's blessings include giving us what we need including a car as it is a necessity not a want and College education for bright kids is also part and parcel of giving our children the best even if we have given up everything to follow Christ for our Lord is generous and righteous and He will cause those He loves to inherit wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment