Saturday, May 19, 2018

Home Sweet Home

I arrived in Ranau at 12noon after 3 weeks in Kota Kinabalu. I wasn’t planning coming back here until the new Semester starts but last minute I was called to teach an extension programme on Early Church History. I rushed to prepare 37 PowerPoint slides for a 7 hour long teaching session from 3pm to 10pm tomorrow. I hope the turn out will be good seeing that it took me 2.5 hours to drive back. But at the back of my mind I was thinking perhaps I could join my Students in the InterCollege sports in Lawas, Sarawak next Wednesday.
It is only one hour from the Sabah border, Sindumin but from the College using another route it will be about 5 hours drive. With a couple of students for company I may just venture into Sarawak which voted almost overwhelmingly for BN in the recently concluded Elections. Further the SIB College there is a historic place founded by the first three missionaries from Australia. But next Friday I have another extension course in Keningau and I was told that it is only 3 hours drive from Lawas. So there will be quite a bit of travelling for me in the next 7 or 8 days and my pickup truck is almost filled with my belongings whenever I travel, books, laptops and clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment