Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Malaysia's 14th General Election

It was a sight to behold. The power of citizenry. All lining up orderly to cast their votes. The cars lined the streets from one end to the other.  I had to walk 10 minutes to the polling booth and once I got there it was smooth. At most it took about 25 minutes as there were about 20 people in the queue for my polling station. My name was called out with my Identity Card number but I whispered to the Election official how to correctly pronounce my name. My right index finger was inked. When I showed them my right index finger I was asked for my left finger as people assumed that one is right handed.
I told them I was a leftie so my right finger was inked in order that my ballot paper stayed clean and not marked as invalid vote. It took less than 15 seconds for me to cross two forms one for the Parliamentary seat and the other for State constituency. By 9.30 am I was driving away from the voting place and I rejoiced while driving to and fro to cast my vote singing to the Lord in my car and being assured whatever government chosen for the day, the Church of Jesus Christ stays strong as Jesus says, on this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matt 16:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment