Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Ministry’s 26th Anniversary

I thank you O Lord for calling me and in Your mercy consider me faithful to be in Your service and today marks the 26th anniversary of my full-time service in the Lord’s harvest fields. What a day! The day of the gladness of his heart (SS 3:11). I celebrated the anniversary by preaching four Sunday in a row and tomorrow looking to the future I shall be conducting a Google Meet bible study with my young teenage group. During worship especially when a Dusun song was sung I felt elated and reassured of God’s purpose for me to stay and remain in Sabah, at least for the near future.

I may hold no position in my denomination but those who are in the know can perceive where spiritual authority lies, not in institutions or ranks but in God’s calling and anointing of the Spirit. As Paul says, it is God who anointed us and so it is the same today. I preached about one baptism and that we should not be apologetic about our method of adult baptism by immersion in the name of the Trinity. This anniversary tells me that in a short span of 4 years, I would have served 30 years which would mean half of my adult life will have been in God’s service. I look forward to my 30th anniversary and 40th anniversary and per chance, by the grace of God, I could even celebrate my golden Jubilee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment