Saturday, September 24, 2022

Rosh Hashanah Service

God willing, I shall be preaching on Monday evening service celebrating Rosh Hashanah, the biblical New Year which begins on Sunday sundown. I think I know what I shall be preaching, though I will focus tomorrow and Monday for full preparation. New Year comes in the fall(autumn) in Israel and it is a time of harvest for the end of the year gathering.

Spiritually, it is a time for reflection of the year passed and in readiness for Yom Kippur, the day of atonement which comes 10 days after Rosh Hashanah and then on the full moon the last and greatest Festival is celebrated, the Feast of Tabernacles. 

It is a dream to celebrate one of the three major Festivals in Israel one day or perhaps close to it just to feel the atmosphere and how the Jewish people prepare for such feasts. Next year in Jerusalem! As I have been dreaming and saying since my late teens. May it come to pass in Your time, O Lord. 

New Year is also a time for new wishes. New resolutions for the new year. New plans and new dreams. Or old dreams made new just as the Scripture says, “I shall make all things new.” (Rev 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment