Thursday, September 29, 2022

Speaking the Truth Freely

The Psalmist laments that if he speaks or writes in such a way he would offend the generation of His children. People are easily offended nowadays, Christians and non-Christians, liberals and conservatives. I watched briefly that Dr Jordan Peterson said that all he wanted was to speak freely. Not that I agree with all the things Dr Peterson said but on this matter I agree wholeheartedly. It is also my aim in life to speak freely, to speak the truth as “thy Word is truth” (John 17:17).

To interpret the Scripture the best I can and to teach it as straight as an arrow for it is the arrow of God’s truth that will hit the heart and bring glory to Him and transformation of the individual who obeys the truth. Hence, I am not in a hurry to be called as a pastor of any church or ministry for that just might limit my ability to speak the truth freely. Dr Peterson is no longer Professor at the University but his books had sold millions and his lectures watched by millions and his livelihood is not in jeopardy even if he offends the powers to be. 

I, on the other hand, live by faith, with 8 years on minimal salary or no pay while waiting for the next appointment, but my struggle for truth and delivering the truth had just started as I testified three days ago during the Jewish New Year. I will speak freely, declaring the gospel of Christ and the Word of God in its entirety so that the people of God might be equipped with knowledge and wisdom to navigate this challenging time as we wait patiently for the return of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment