Saturday, October 1, 2022

Last Quarter 2022

I am sitting at a table in a coffee shop, feeling on top of the world, not because I am rich or popular but because of the Lord. Inexpressible joy and peace beyond understanding. After almost a year since I relinquised my pastoral appointment, there is still no light at the end of the tunnel but this morning I spent a solid two hours commenting on Galatians 6:3-5.

I plan to finish my first draft by the end of the month and by November my proofreaders should be hard at work and the manuscript returned to me by December before I start my Christmas season preaching on 18th December and then perhaps driving all the way to Sandakan to attend my niece's wedding. Both my aunties are in mid 80s and I need to reconnect with them. 

Come New Year, exactly three months from now, only God knows where I shall be. But like this moment in time, rarely experienced as if the tent of God is over me, sweet fellowship with the lover of my soul. 

I read the Song of Songs again after I came across a Psalm about the soul of the turtledove and in the Song, the beloved's voice is likened to the voice of turtledove as Spring comes and romance is rekindled between Solomon and his Shulamite girl. 

The Lord is gracious as I feel the second half of my ministry had just begun at the start of the biblical New Year, Rosh Hashanah last Monday. I have a solid 20 years plus to make a mark and leave a legacy and the end is better than the beginning and the new wine is tastier than the old wine, all because of the Lord and my soul rejoices in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment