Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Year of Conferences

The Biblical New Year is now well into its third week, the third day of Sukkoth, the Feast of Tabernacles. Three years ago I almost went to UK for the IOSOT (International Organization for the Study of the Old Testament) and my paper on Malachi (The Covenant with Levi) is available on academia.edu. This New Year I am once again fired up to attend Conferences, maybe in July or September most likely if possible,  two Conferences, one in UK and one in Europe, killing two birds with one stone. I am more than ready to fly now that most travel restrictions are lifted.

I can't wait any longer as age catches up with everyone and if one can still walk unaided it is best to go places before the silver cord is broken. I have already found a tentative sub-title for my book on Ecclesiastes, or Before the Silver Cord is Broken: The Meaning of Life according to Solomon's Ecclesiastes. I am preparing to write two papers for the Conferences, one in the Song of Songs or Galatians since I have lived with Galatians for the past eight months. But the Song is something very few people have written about, so I may go for the Song in my academic paper and promote my book at the same time. The other paper is on the Apocalypse, especially that we are seeing more and more signs aligning at once - plagues, wars and famine caused by hyper inflation. But we will see. My friend who would not even spend RM10.00 will not understand that I probably spend 2000 times that in the sum of RM25,000.00 minimum with another RM10,000 just in case. I had planned for that in 2019, but used the money to publish two of my books, the proceeds of which have been my main source of income this year. One only lives once, and once the silver cord is broken, his life wastes away waiting for the day when he will meet his Maker for God will bring everything to judgement, whether good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment