Tuesday, October 4, 2022

A Day in the Life

Today is the most sacred day in the biblical calendar, Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement. As I listened to a semron preached yesterday from Hebrews, I read Hebrews this morning from ch. 1 to ch. 5. I had an early start knowing that I was going to meet a dear brother and fellow pastor at 10am. By 9.30am I already had two solid hours in writing but praised be to God that I have reached the last paragraph of Galatians. Only two months ago I had wondered whether I could get much done this year and now within 2 months I wrote about 20,000 words and another 7 or 8 thousand words will complete my writing.

I aim to have about 40,000 words in my commentary which I think is one of reasonable length given my target audience of Malay speakers and readers of the Malay and Indonesian Bibles. I told my friend over almost 2 hours of fellowship that I thought there was a great need for Pauline theology in our denomination. I have written on John’s Gospel and whether I could write the 2nd volume is still uncertain given that I am on fire to write on the book of Ecclesiastes. 

After my morning tea and brunch meeting with my friend I went home and continued writing until 2pm and then rested for exactly for an hour and by 3pm I was ready to write again but instead I conversed with my wife about many things. It is important for spousal relationship to give time to talk and to listen to one’s spouse. So only at 4.30pm I started writing until 6.15pm before I took my shower. After that I went to the city for some banking errand to avoid the day-time traffic. I rejoice in You, Lord for Your love has saved me and You have shed Your blood to obtain eternal redemption for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment