Thursday, October 6, 2022

One more Verse (Nehemiah’s Wall)

Just before I left for Kemabong on 18th August I prayed to the Lord to do a Nehemiah for me as far as my commentary writing was concerned. I prayed that when I came back from ministry I would complete my book within 52 days, the time it took Nehemiah to build the walls of Jerusalem. All surrounding nations knew it was not a human feat when the walls went up in less than 2 months. It is about 49 days since I returned from Kemabong and I only have one verse to comment, the last verse of Galatians.

I can only give praise to our God for His mighty acts.Today I went back to my printers and discussed with them about my forthcoming book. My publishers of Departure Points I also contacted and asked for a quotation. I think if all goes well, within 2 weeks I should be able to get the manuscript printed for a proofreader. I am still praying for right person to come along. 

Why am I excited? It is because of the truth of the Gospel. Many churches still hold fast to the Gospel but rarely, if anyone has put pen to paper and write a commentary on Galatians in Malay and at various places Paul makes sure his readers know the essential components of the Gospel which he sums up as the truth of the Gospel. 

It has relevance beyond the first century or theological exposition per se, as new challenges arise to corrupt the Gospel. In Galatians 2, Paul rebuked Peter openly because of the compromise Peter made in disassociating himself from the Gentile believers. The Gospel brings all peoples together as one. Whatever walls, barriers and hindrances to church unity is contrary to the Gospel. Nowadays, people don’t think as much. In Malaysia, practically all Covid19 restrictions have been lifted including wearing masks on board airlines, but you have some people still preventing God’s servants from ministry. It is a monstrosity and sin against God, sin against the Gospel that unites people of all shades and backgrounds, circumcised or not circumcised, vaccinated or unvaccinated, for they are all one in Christ and there is no division in Christ’s body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment