Saturday, October 29, 2022

One more Week

I have read my book twice after the corrections came in from my proofreader. I wish I could find another person to check my manuscript but alas enough is enough. I have given myself one more week to read for a third time before my manuscript goes to the publishers. I have had three separate quotations but only one just priced at RM20.00 per copy. The other two, one mid-20s and one more RM30.00 per copy.

I can’t sell my book for less than RM50.00 if I want to get back at least a little profit. Costs have risen at least 30 percent since I last published my Song of Songs about 6 months ago. If anyone tells you inflation is less than 10% ask them to come to Sabah.

I just don’t pray much for the forthcoming General Election. I prayed more for UK in the past fortnight than my own nation. It is as if everything has been predetermined. The former ruling coalition will return to power with at least 60 percent of the seats and if the other Malay party joins them, they might get 2/3 which will empower them to change the Federal Constitution. 

Troublous times ahead, especially for the Church in Malaysia. It can’t be and won’t be business as usual come December 2022. Perhaps that’s why I am in a hurry to get my book out before Christmas so that I will have a clean slate for 2023. It will be an exciting year for those who know their God shall do exploits in His Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment