Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Second Reading & God's Word

Like the Acts of Parliament that go through a second and later a third reading before being voted on and approved by legislators, my manuscript has now gone through a second reading. In a couple of days, as I include a few more references and footnotes, I will send it to my proofreader who lives in a far away village (thankfully she could receive the draft through a friend who works in the nearest town). I hope by early next month in November I will receive my manuscript and proceed to do the corrections with the third and final reading. Then, by end of November it should be in the hands of the printers with the publication date to be just before Christmas, God willing.

Yes the Lord willing and may it speed up according to Your will, O Lord. Although, I have been engaged in writing and revising in the past month and solid writing for 7-8 months before my first draft was completed. It is now up to 140 pages, just about the length of a Masters thesis (40,000-45,000 words). I may add a chapter of summary and application at the end. 

What's next? Perhaps a well-deserved holiday, one would think. Writing is a lonely business and only a handful of close friends have texted words of support and well-wishes. Not many realise why I am doing what I am doing. But if I leave and serve somewhere foreign, I have these two Malay commentaries, one in John's Gospel and this one on Galatians, I shall be mighty pleased that if anyone should read, they will know what evangelical doctrine is, or for that matter, the truth of God's Word. 

Even when I listen to preaching, though not wanting to judge, even from senior Reverends and senior elders who have preached for three or four decades, biblical literary is still very much lacking. "Knowledge will increase" Daniel 12:4 and our biblical knowledge should increase in tandem. In fact, God's Word will be made fully known from Genesis to Revelation before the end comes (Col 1:25-26). What I am doing like Paul, inspired by God's mighty strength to declare and make His Word fully known to the world for it is a light thing for you to raise the tribes of Israel (Borneo) for you shall become a light to all nations, even to the ends of the earth, saith the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment