Tuesday, November 7, 2023

5 Books on Sale at Bookstore

I give You thanks O God for You have helped me and inspired me to write five books in four years. If you asked me five years ago 2018 that by Nov 2023 I would have five books published I would have said you must be kidding me. I remember writing my 2nd book after my PhD thesis published by T & T Clark in 2005 was a real struggle and I thought I could be a one book wonder like those who won just one grand slam and never win another. Until in Sept 2014 I got a text from my Indonesian student who texted me and said "Dr Tony you have a gift in writing. I hope you will publish soon."

That was the spur I needed and I started with Departure Points that I wrote over 2 months of the first 9 chapters from Sept to Nov 2014 and the final 3 chapters from June 2019-Sept 2019 before revising and formatting it for publication at the end of 2019. Officially my 2nd book came out in Jan 2020 and my 6th book, a collection of essays came out last month and I already sold 40 copies. I hope to push for sales in my next speaking engagements three weeks in a row from Sunday and then Christmas preaching over a fortnight from 17-18 Dec and 24-25 Dec in a nearby District just one hour from Kota Kinabalu.

No comments:

Post a Comment